Pioneering computerised Post Traumatic Stress Disorder diagnosis and monitoring.
In parallel with his clinical work David continued his interest in developing diagnostic procedures that monitor clinical outcomes. The result has been that he perfected a technique for determining the functional status of disabled people.
This was sold worldwide for over 10 years.
Other examples of his innovative approach to psychology include:
- A test that monitors symptom intensity. This too was sold widely for many years.
- A cognitive treatment for cognitive anxiety that has been used with a sample of 470 patients.
- A system for determining whether or not people with carbon monoxide have received sufficient treatment.
- A procedure for helping people construct cognitive maps of the world that they experience to better manage relationships.
- Computerised diagnostic procedures for PTSD that monitor the person’s level of distress and thereby helps to evaluate the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of different approaches to therapy.
All his work has been norm-free and has required a variety of strategies.